Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface.
- Thanks for joining me for this course…on the Microsoft Surface.…Windows 10 was clearly built to support touchscreens…as well as traditional mouse and keyboard input.…So I think the Microsoft Surface really gives you…the core Windows 10 experience.…After this course, if you still need to learn…more about Windows 10, you might want to check out…my other course, Windows 10 Essential Training.…Or if you just need to see what's different…between Windows 8 and Windows 10,…Garrick Chow's Windows 10 New Features is a great way to go.…I hope you enjoyed this course.…
I'll see you next time.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles and pinned apps, and more. Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote and for visual art. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Connecting a keyboard and mouse to the Surface
- Running updates
- Using touch controls
- Switching modes
- Using the Surface pen
- Setting a PIN code
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
1. Getting Familiar with the Device
2. Using Windows 10 in Tablet Mode
3. Surface Hardware Accessories
4. Settings, Customization, and Security
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.