Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Multitask with touch controls, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- When you work in Windows, even a Windows tablet,…it's very normal to have several applications running…at the same time.…So let's talk about smoothly switching…between several currently-running applications.…This is known as multi-tasking.…So I've started this movie with the Maps application…already running, and I want to go back to the Start screen.…So I'm going to tap on the Start button…in the bottom left corner,…and I want to launch another application.…So I'm just going to launch the Microsoft Edge…web browser, I'll tap on that tab,…and now I have another application running.…
Now, the Maps application is still running.…I never quit it, I just switched over…to the Start screen and launched another application.…So now I have two applications running.…And I want to have a third, so I'm going to go back…to the Start screen again.…This time I'm going to go to the All Apps list,…and I want to launch the Settings app,…so I'll go down to S, I'll tap on Settings,…and now I have three applications running.…And so now we want to talk about switching…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.