Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Launch and quit applications in Tablet mode, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] If you've used Windows 10…then you should know how to launch applications.…So some of this movie might be a bit of a review…because I want to give you the full picture of launching…and quitting applications when you're specifically…in the Tablet mode.…So, in Tablet mode, your default starting point…is the Start screen.…If I have an application pinned to the Start screen,…then I'll see a tile for it.…So for example, I could launch Microsoft Edge,…which is the web browser, just by tapping on the tile…for that app, right here.…And now that app is running.…
And if I want to go back to the Start screen,…I can just hit the Start button in the bottom left corner.…But if you want to launch an application that does not…have a tile on the Start screen, then you'll need to go to…the list of all apps.…And I can do that by tapping on the All Apps button…right above the Start button, and now I'm on the list…of all of the apps on my device.…Of course, I can swipe up and down with my finger…on this list, find the app that I want,…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
<p class="p1">New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.