Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Fingerprint and face unlocking with Windows Hello, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] Windows Hello is a security feature…built into Windows 10.…Which will allow you to log into a computer or tablet…using biometric information.…In plain English, that means you can sign into your tablet…with your face, your iris, or your fingerprint.…Of course, you do need a tablet that has hardware…that supports Windows Hello.…Like a fingerprint scanner or a infrared camera…to scan your face.…Assuming you have the hardware to support it,…let's take a look how you can get this set up.…Now depending on your device,…you may have different software on your computer…to work with a fingerprint scanner,…or a face recognition camera.…
What we're gonna see here is specific…to the Windows Hello feature that's built into Windows 10,…and the hardware that supports that feature.…So, what I'll need to do is go into settings.…Then to accounts.…And then to sign in options.…Now, in a previous movie, we set up a pin code…so that I can sign into the computer with a four digit pin.…Before you can use any of the Windows Hello features,…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.