Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting a keyboard and mouse, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- A 2-in-1 laptop has a keyboard and trackpad…when the two pieces are connected in laptop mode.…So many users don't really care about…connecting a mouse and a keyboard, but some do.…Maybe you don't like using a trackpad…and you want to have an external mouse,…or maybe you have a situation…where you're using the tablet portion…without the keyboard and trackpad section.…So I want to talk about using a wired mouse and keyboard…or a Bluetooth wireless mouse and keyboard.…We'll also talk about the Surface Dock,…which lets you connect lots of peripherals…to the Surface Book all at the same time.…
Now first, let's talk about the easiest way…to connect a mouse or keyboard or other peripheral.…Most 2-in-1s will have at least one USB port…and the Surface Book has two USB ports,…here on the left-side.…So naturally I could just take my wired mouse,…connect it to this USB port,…and then I can move my mouse cursor around…and I can use it normally.…No big deal.…Just keep in mind, the USB port is on the keyboard section.…So if I were to detach the screen section…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.