Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Connecting to external and wireless displays, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- You may wanna connect a second display…to the Surface Book, so you can work with a second screen,…or maybe you just want a larger screen to work with.…You can do this through a wired connection,…and there's also a wireless option.…Let's start by connecting a wired display.…So, I already have an HDMI cable, that's run to this…television, so we'll use that as our display.…But of course, you could use any display that has…an HDMI input, or DVI or something like that,…maybe a standard computer display.…Now this is where the mini display port connection…comes in.…
The Surface Book has a mini display port connection…on the right side of the keyboard.…Also, if you use the Surface dock,…there are too many display port connections on that.…Now if you use any other two-in-one computer,…you will need to check to see if it has…some connection for an external display.…Now it's fairly rare that a computer display…will have a mini display port connection.…So chances are, you'll need to get a cable or an adapter…to connect this into an HDMI cable,…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.