Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Choose the right version of Microsoft Word, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] The fact that Windows is a full desktop…operating system that also runs on tablets…introduces some unexpected variables when it comes…to installing some applications.…The Microsoft Office applications, Word, Excel,…and PowerPoint, are a good set of apps to talk about…because they're very popular and they're the most likely…place where you'll run into some complications…which I want to talk about.…Here on the start screen I'm going to go into all apps.…I want to scroll all the way down here and find Word.…And it's interesting to see here, I have two versions…of Microsoft Word installed on this computer.…
So I want to talk about these two versions.…The one that's labelled Word 2016 is part of…the full Microsoft Office suite,…the full suite that's designed for desktop computers.…I installed this version of Word through my Office 365…membership, and I pay 99 dollars a year for that membership.…So I'm paying full regular price for this version of Word.…An Office 365 membership starts at 69 dollars a year.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card