Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding storage with a microSD card, part of Learn Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- [Voiceover] There are certain actions in Windows…that are essential to some power users…but may not be so interesting to the casual user.…I wanna make sure that we talk about these…so that you can access them if you need them.…First, let's talk about Ctrl-Alt-Delete.…As long as Windows has existed,…this keyboard combination has been essential.…All you need to do is hold the Ctrl key,…the Alt key, and then tap Delete on the keyboard…and it switches to this screen.…From here you can restart the computer,…log out, switch users…or access the Task Manager…which is an important feature…that we're gonna talk about in just a minute.…
But, the obvious question is this,…"If you're working with a tablet with no keyboard,…"how can you possibly hit Ctrl-Alt-Delete?"…Well, I'm gonna tap on the cancel button here…to bail out of this…and we'll talk about the options that you have.…So on a tablet, you can still access…the Ctrl-Alt-Delete screen by pressing…a combination of buttons.…If your tablet has a start button,…and that includes the Surface Pro 3…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.