Join Nick Brazzi for an in-depth discussion in this video Adding storage with a microSD card, part of Learning the Microsoft Surface Book and Other 2-in-1 Laptops.
- Generally, two-in-one laptops, like any other laptop,…don't really have a lot of options for upgrading,…but one option that you usually have is to add…additional storage by using an SD card or a micro SD card.…This is not gonna be the same as upgrading a hard drive,…but it is a good way to add a little extra storage space.…Many two-in-one laptops have a slot for a micro SD card,…and a micro SD card is really very small,…which is why they're usually used on tablets…and two-in-ones.…
Sometimes, the micro SD card slot is on the tablet section,…and sometimes it's on the keyboard section,…and some devices don't have a slot at all,…though most of the two-in-ones that I've seen do have it.…You may have to refer to your user manual to see how…to insert a micro SD card into your device,…but it usually just slides into the slot…and clicks into place.…The surface book is a little different from most because…it has a full sized SD card instead of a micro SD card.…That slot is on the keyboard section over here…on the left side.…
Nick Brazzi then steps through how to best become productive with the Surface in Tablet mode, exploring the basic touch controls in Windows 10 and how to adjust important settings like notifications, quick actions, and more. Viewers also learn how to use touch to control apps (including Office), multitask, use the onscreen keyboard, work with tiles, and more.
Viewers then learn how to get the most out of the Surface accessories, including how to use the powerful Surface pen with OneNote. Finally, the course explores important customization and security settings, including how to use Windows Hello for fingerprint or face recognition for fast login.
- Touring the device
- Connecting a keyboard, mouse, and external display
- Using touch controls in Windows 10
- Shutting down and restarting
- Multitasking in Windows 10
- Pinning apps to the Start menu
- Using the Pen stylus
- Setting a PIN code for fast login
- Adding storage with a microSD card
Skill Level Beginner
What was added to this course on 01/20/2017?
New videos were added about the Surface pen and the Surface dial.