Use PEAR, PECL, and Composer to incorporate modular, reusable code in your PHP applications.
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Up and Running with PHP PEAR, PECL, and Composer. I'm Joe LeBlanc and in this course we'll look at defining dependencies for a new project with Composer. Then we'll use a generated auto-loader to initialize objects. Next, we'll install PEAR and PECL on Windows, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu Linux. Then finally, we'll maintained installed PEAR and PECL extensions. PEAR, PECL, and Composer awaiting to install all the packages you need for your next PHP project.
So let's get up and running.
- Installing on Mac and Linux
- Discovering channels and packages with PEAR
- Coding with PEAR packages
- Starting a new application with Composer
- Installing and maintaining packages with Composer
- Finding and installing PECL extensions