Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer
Instead of downloading PHP code and figuring out how it fits into your project structure, use PEAR, PECL, and Composer to do it for you. Composer manages libraries for your PHP project, PEAR installs packages for your entire server, and PECL compiles extensions directly into PHP itself. In this course, author Joseph LeBlanc demonstrates how to find, install, update, and remove packages with this suite of invaluable PHP tools.
- Installing on Mac and Linux
- Discovering channels and packages with PEAR
- Coding with PEAR packages
- Starting a new application with Composer
- Installing and maintaining packages with Composer
- Finding and installing PECL extensions
- [Voiceover] Welcome to Up and Running with PHP PEAR, PECL, and Composer. I'm Joe LeBlanc and in this course we'll look at defining dependencies for a new project with Composer. Then we'll use a generated auto-loader to initialize objects. Next, we'll install PEAR and PECL on Windows, Mac OS X, and Ubuntu Linux. Then finally, we'll maintained installed PEAR and PECL extensions. PEAR, PECL, and Composer awaiting to install all the packages you need for your next PHP project.
So let's get up and running.
PHP 5.5 First Look32,864 Views
PHP 5.4 New Features43,219 Views
Exporting Data to Files with PHP70,063 Views
Uploading Files Securely with PHP80,162 Views
Up and Running with the Standard PHP Library51,669 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,677,913 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,274,773 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Mastery302,307 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,023,812 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,282,562 Views