In this video, you'll learn how to stick to your agenda by leveraging large group dynamics. For bigger group presentations, there are six easy tips to help you be more prepared, make the most of your speaking space, and embrace the best ways to capture the attention of larger audiences.
- When you're presenting to a large audience,…you have the opportunity to leverage the size…of the group and build presentation momentum…the moment you take the stage.…Remember, if they like you, there is the potential…to create hundreds of champions…who will be cheering you on throughout your discussion.…However, as much as I'd like to believe…and tell you that every audience wants you to do well,…this is not always the case.…When audiences gather, the people are all different,…and you have no influence over what's going on…in their professional or their personal lives.…
You also can't control whether they want you…to be their speaker.…So your approach to leveraging…the large audience dynamic has to focus…on capturing their attention and their hearts quickly…in order to excel through your presentation.…Here are six tips that will help you to capitalize…on large audience dynamics and stick to your guidelines.…Number one, you must connect emotionally…with your audience.…By connecting early on, you give people a reason…
- Recall the two-step process for understanding your audience.
- List the five steps to neutralize the negative.
- Summarize the characteristics of the five types of people in an audience.
- Recognize the importance of keeping your composure.
- Determine the most appropriate action to take if you are unable to answer all the questions at the end of your presentation.