In this project management tutorial Angela shared her solution for the Challenge 1 exercise video.
- I'm so glad you had a chance…to work through the challenge.…Before we get to the solution answers…I want you to know that these…answers are just guidelines…and there are no black and white answers.…There are no right answers.…But rather, these should keep in check…the essence of the learning.…If your answers are different…please reflect on the differences…as they may be correct…just with a different context or lens.…Try to understand the solutions I provide…and see how your answers differ and why.…
So if you remember Scenario 1…it's about a legacy replacement of…a customer relationship management…system to a packaged software.…and you've already gotten the project…background from the I.T. leader.…You can also take a look at the…exercise file for more details to jog your memory.…Now let's answer the questions.…Who would you meet with first?…My answer is the sponsor.…And why I chose the sponsor…is because it would be critical to understand…why the sponsor picked this packaged software…Or what he is looking for in a packaged software.…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing to use interviews
- Selecting the right person to interview
- Planning interview questions
- Building rapport in an interview
- Choosing probing questions
- Listening and taking notes
- Analyzing and reviewing notes before following up
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Stakeholderswith Terri Wagner1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Communicationwith Doug Rose1h 47m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Interviews
2. Preparing for an Interview
3. Conducting the Interview
4. Following Up on the Interview
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.