In this project management tutorial Angela shares why interviewing can be a waste of time, especially if not prepared for adequately. She shares an overview of a process to plan and prepare, conduct, and follow up on interviews.
- Have you ever been in a job interview…where the interviewer didn't prepare…and the interview just did not go well at all?…You hope and deserve an interview…where the interviewer has prepared…and thought about meaningful questions to ask,…and follows up accordingly.…Your interviewees deserve this as well.…Interviews are disastrous…if we just show up without preparing.…There is a process you follow…to get the most of your interviews…but rest assured,…it will not take up unneeded time of yours.…
In fact, mastering this process will make sure…you don't waste your time or your stakeholder's time.…It's important that you look at the interviewing technique…as something you can master.…You want to make sure not to take this process too casually…or risk losing a lot of opportunity.…Careful preparation, thoughtful execution,…and strategic followups can save you and the team…precious time later in the project.…At first glance, this might seem like a lot of extra work,…but rest assured, as you practice using this framework,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing to use interviews
- Selecting the right person to interview
- Planning interview questions
- Building rapport in an interview
- Choosing probing questions
- Listening and taking notes
- Analyzing and reviewing notes before following up
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Stakeholderswith Terri Wagner1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Communicationwith Doug Rose1h 47m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Interviews
2. Preparing for an Interview
3. Conducting the Interview
4. Following Up on the Interview
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.