Join Brenda Bailey-Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Practice and apply: Context, part of Organization Communication.
- I hope our conversation has convinced you…of the importance of ethical communication.…The International Association of Business Communication…developed a code of ethics…for business communicators like yourself.…Find the code in your practice activities exercise file,…and take a look at each of the 12 standards.…How is your organization,…or how are you doing, on each one?…What steps could you take…to improve your lowest scores on this code?…Are there any additions for your specific business?…At last, you're ready to finalize…your communication action plan.…
Answer these important questions about context.…What else is going on in the world, industry, or company…that may affect how the audience…will receive your communication?…What might be going on…in the life of the individual receiver…that will affect the message?…What is the sequencing of this message?…Is it the first time they've heard about the subject matter?…Or the 40th?…What happened before and after…any other related communication?…When is the best time to communicate?…
- Who is the receiver of the message?
- Who would be the best sender?
- What is the focus of the message?
- How will it be interpreted?
- Is feedback necessary?
- What is the best channel?
- What is the context for the message?
Along the way, Brenda shows how these key questions apply to four real-world scenarios at organizations of different sizes, locations, and functions. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills you need to improve the internal and external communication strategies at your company.
Skill Level Advanced
1. The Purpose
2. The People
3. The Message
4. The Channel
5. The Context
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.