- Identify the seven communication questions one should ask before every communication event.
- Explore potential sources of miscommunication.
- Recall the differences between an audience-tailored message and a generic message.
- Identify the most opportune time to use a communication flow diagram.
- Explore the potential pitfalls of soliciting feedback.
Skill Level Intermediate
- Welcome to Organizational Communication. My name is Brenda Bailey-Hughes and I've had the honor of consulting with hundreds of organizations over the last 20 years to improve their internal and external communication strategy. Regardless of their size, location, or function, they, like you, recognize that communication matters. In this course, you will learn the seven communication related questions that you should ask yourself during every project or major change initiative. These seven questions will guide your thinking, regardless of the sector you work in. In fact, in the course, you're going to hear examples from Scott who works in education, Carol in healthcare, Ben from non-profit, and Emily from corporate. With their stories and their lessons learned in your mind, you will practice making strategic communication decisions. You will learn to be the communication advocate for your area, never let a decision be made without some consideration of the communitarian implications. Following this course, you can become the resident communication expert for your team.