- Who is the receiver of the message?
- Who would be the best sender?
- What is the focus of the message?
- How will it be interpreted?
- Is feedback necessary?
- What is the best channel?
- What is the context for the message?
Along the way, Brenda shows how these key questions apply to four real-world scenarios at organizations of different sizes, locations, and functions. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills you need to improve the internal and external communication strategies at your company.
Skill Level Advanced
- Welcome to Organizational Communication Fundamentals. My name is Brenda Bailey-Hughes, and I've had the honor of consulting with hundreds of organizations over the last 20 years to improve their internal and external communication strategy. Regardless of their size, location, or function, they, like you, recognize that communication matters. In this course, you will learn the seven communication-related questions that you should ask yourself during every project, or major change initiative.
These seven questions will guide your thinking, regardless of the sector you work in. In fact, in the course, you're going to hear examples from Scott, who works in education, Carol in health care, Ben from non-profit, and Emily from corporate. With their stories, and their lessons learned, in your mind, you will practice making strategic communication decisions. You will learn to be the communication advocate for your area.
Never let a decision be made without some consideration of the communication implications. Following this course, you can become the resident communication expert for your team.