Join Deirdre Breakenridge for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Handling an Unruly Audience.
- Congratulations,…you've successfully completed this course.…At this point, you should feel empowered…to speak and handle all different types of audiences…from the friendly and positive groups…to the unfriendly and negative audience members…that you may encounter.…This course was designed to help you…uncover the important questions to ask about any audience…to know them better,…from their needs to their concerns,…and everything in between.…Remember, being prepared is the first step…toward neutralizing the negative.…
You should also be able to identify…the different audience member personalities,…including those four types of hecklers…and how to manage their disruptions.…At this point, you should also feel like…you're ready to take your speaking…and presentation handling skills to new levels.…We've covered how to involve your audience from the start,…to build brand champions before you set foot on the stage,…and how to command a room…with a strong and welcoming presence.…Situations may arise…where there are unruly audience members,…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall the two-step process for understanding your audience.
- List the five steps to neutralize the negative.
- Summarize the characteristics of the five types of people in an audience.
- Recognize the importance of keeping your composure.
- Determine the most appropriate action to take if you are unable to answer all the questions at the end of your presentation.