Join Angela Wick for an in-depth discussion in this video Next steps, part of Requirements Elicitation for Business Analysts: Interviews.
- Now that you've completed the course,…your next steps are to practice planning…and conducting interviews with stakeholders.…With this knowledge you can improve your…interviewing skills through lots of practice.…Here are a few ideas to help implement…the skills that we've covered in the course.…First, grab and index card and review the sample…interview questions file.…Write down your favorite questions that resonate…with projects and your typical stakeholders.…Also, write down any other questions…that you like to use.…
Keep this index card handy when you go to your…interviews and do your interview planning.…It may also help to think about some of your…recent interviews with stakeholders and reflect…on what things you've learned in the course that…will help make your next interviews even better.…Could researching the interviewee…help build better rapport?…How about planning the goal and your…high-impact questions for that goal in advance?…When conducting the interview, are you focusing…on the relationship and active listening?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing to use interviews
- Selecting the right person to interview
- Planning interview questions
- Building rapport in an interview
- Choosing probing questions
- Listening and taking notes
- Analyzing and reviewing notes before following up
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Stakeholderswith Terri Wagner1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Communicationwith Doug Rose1h 47m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Interviews
2. Preparing for an Interview
3. Conducting the Interview
4. Following Up on the Interview
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.