Business operations can be structured many different ways. This online course explains questions you need to answer to understand your operations and be able to improve them. These questions include: How do your operations run? How are they organized? Is it centralized or distributed manufacturing? What's your supply chain like? How do you get product/services to your customers—do you go to them or do they come to you? Do you deliver directly to customers or do you go through distribution?
- Your operations drive the performance of your business.…The way your operations are set up…drives your cost structure.…Your operations dictate how you hire personnel.…Your operations determine what technology you need.…They drive your budget and your vendor management.…All your functions are driven off of your operating model.…The better you know your product or service operating model…the easier it is for you to find…opportunities to improve it.…
Ask yourself a few questions about your operations.…How do your operations run?…How are they organized?…Is it centralized or distributed manufacturing?…What's your supply chain like?…How are you getting raw materials into your operations…and how do you get your raw materials and finished goods…out of your factories and out to your customer?…Do you go to them, do they come to you?…Do you deliver your products through distribution?…A couple of examples of organizations I've worked with…one includes a services business.…
We had a distributed network of branches…and at those branch locations we had our technicians.…
- What business are you in?
- What's your market and who is your competition?
- What problem does your business solve?
- How are your products and services created? What are your pricing and growth strategies?
- How do you measure performance?
With the answers in hand, you can be assured your have the knowledge to make the best decisions for your business.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.