In this video, you'll learn how learning environments have people who are positive participants and those who challenge you with their difficult behaviors. Five key personalities are discussed so that you can manage the challenges and use the favorable personalities to your advantage.
- Every environment houses people who are positive…participants as well as those who challenge you…with difficult behaviors.…Think about your workplace.…There are always the gossipers, the people who need…to take credit for everything, people who are argumentative,…the people who point out the red flags but do nothing…about it.…You get the drill.…There are also the difficult behaviors in friends groups,…social media communities, families, everywhere you go.…
But as time goes on, you tend to learn who these people are…and you begin to manage their personalities.…Guess what?…It's no different with the people sitting in your audience.…There are both difficult and positive personalities,…and you need to know each so you and the rest…of your audience get the most out of your presentation.…I've identified five very important personalities…to recognize beforehand.…
You can learn about these personalities if you have…inside information through a meeting organizer,…or access to an audience through online…or social media groups.…
- Recall the two-step process for understanding your audience.
- List the five steps to neutralize the negative.
- Summarize the characteristics of the five types of people in an audience.
- Recognize the importance of keeping your composure.
- Determine the most appropriate action to take if you are unable to answer all the questions at the end of your presentation.