In this video, you'll learn how to create your commanding presentation style. The tips presented, which include being mindful, watching the signals you send, and learning to go big and bold, will help you maintain your commanding presence, from the friendly group to the unexpected unruly audience.
- Whether you're entering into a room or onto a stage,…it's your presence from the beginning through…to the very end that sets the tone…for a successful presentation.…But what exactly must you do to command a room…and create that lasting presence?…First, you have to define what it means…to have a commanding presence.…Second, you have to create your own style…to be the most commanding version of yourself.…When you look at the definition of the word command,…it can mean to take an authoritative action,…or to have a strong and sure position.…
Let's focus on the latter part of the definition…to help you command the room in a way…that makes sense for your presentation style.…Here are three important tactics to consider…so you can create and embrace…your customized commanding presence.…Number one, let go of all your stress…and any thoughts cluttering your mind before you present.…This is an important first step.…Whatever's happening that day, week, work-wise,…personally, you have to move it to the side.…
Taking deep breaths and clearing your mind…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Recall the two-step process for understanding your audience.
- List the five steps to neutralize the negative.
- Summarize the characteristics of the five types of people in an audience.
- Recognize the importance of keeping your composure.
- Determine the most appropriate action to take if you are unable to answer all the questions at the end of your presentation.