In this video, you'll learn the value of champion building with the members of your audience. Finding and developing your champions is one of the best ways to combat unruly personalities who are skeptical and disruptive and take the focus away from the great information you're trying to share.
- As a marketer, I've learned the value of champion building…with the members of any type of community.…Champions are people who will speak positively…on your behalf during the good and the bad times.…For example, in social media communities,…you build relationships with different members…of your community through transparent conversations,…collaboration and shared learning experiences.…These individuals come to know you.…They trust you and they help when your good name…is attacked or under siege.…
There's a lot to be said about champion building…in different settings.…When you have the opportunity to speak to a live audience,…you have the chance to put…your champion building skills into action.…The goal is to acquire as many champions as possible…before your presentation or right from the start.…Here's an example.…I spoke a few years ago at an event for chemical engineers.…Early in the day I was able to identify…two vocal and respected professionals.…
During the lunch break,…I made a point to become friends with these individuals.…
- Recall the two-step process for understanding your audience.
- List the five steps to neutralize the negative.
- Summarize the characteristics of the five types of people in an audience.
- Recognize the importance of keeping your composure.
- Determine the most appropriate action to take if you are unable to answer all the questions at the end of your presentation.