In this project management tutorial Angela shares tips for ending the interview well.
- Too many meetings today…end with a swift knock on the meeting room door…and everyone scurries to let the next group in.…Sound familiar?…Requirement solicitation meetings…need to have endings that truly show our next steps…and ensure stakeholders are comfortable with the progress.…Without this, stakeholders leave the room feeling…uneasy, frustrated, and may talk behind your back,…creating unneeded conflict and drama for the project.…I would like to go over some tips on…ending your elicitation interviews…with comfort and ease for both parties.…
Make sure to keep your eye on the clock…and save time for ending the interview well.…I believe it is much better to schedule a follow-up…if everything did not get covered…rather than skipping a meaningful ending.…First, review and summarize what was covered.…You may want to review the key points…of the notes you've taken…about what was discussed,…decisions made, and next steps for both parties.…I also like to ask what remains lingering in their minds.…This simple, yet powerful, technique…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Choosing to use interviews
- Selecting the right person to interview
- Planning interview questions
- Building rapport in an interview
- Choosing probing questions
- Listening and taking notes
- Analyzing and reviewing notes before following up
Skill Level Beginner
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Stakeholderswith Terri Wagner1h 1m Appropriate for all
Project Management Foundations: Communicationwith Doug Rose1h 47m Appropriate for all
1. Introduction to Interviews
2. Preparing for an Interview
3. Conducting the Interview
4. Following Up on the Interview
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.