Emotional intelligence it is an awareness of our emotional responses and how they guide our behavior in situations. In this video, you will find ways to take your protégés interpersonal skills to the next level.
- In the TV show, Silicon Valley,…a super-smart CEO brags…about how he does not need interpersonal skills…because he outsources them to his assistant.…This is funny on TV, but not so much fun…if you've ever experienced it in real life.…Most of us, including your protégé,…will benefit tremendously…from having great interpersonal skills,…or emotional intelligence, EQ.…EQ is an awareness of our emotional responses…and how they guide our behavior in social…and professional situations.…
It can account for nearly 60% of workplace performance…in all types of jobs.…Let's review three ways you can help your protégé…boost their EQ.…One, self-awareness.…This is about being able to clearly see your strengths…and weaknesses, not only from your own perception,…but from the eyes of others, as well.…I like to help my protégés access their level…of self-awareness by first asking them to reflect…on past critical incidents in their career,…and then answering the following questions.…
What would others say about you…and how you handled these situations…
She also offers guidance on building trust and chemistry, providing feedback, and helping your protégé make critical career and work decisions and become resilient in the face of challenges. She also helps you address common obstacles, including a protégé that fails to meet expectations or violates trust, and explains how to gracefully exit the relationship.
- Building a relationship with your protégé
- Talking and listening with impact
- Giving feedback
- Developing trust
- Setting goals
- Developing your protégé's skills
- Managing mentoring relationships
- Overcoming common obstacles
- How to make time for mentoring