Sales and marketing models are how your business organizes to promote and sell your products or services to customers. This training video explores understanding your sales and marketing model with questions like: What's your sales model? Do you sell direct to your buyers or do you sell to distributors? What kind of selling do you do (consultative, bid-based, or RFPs)? Where do you market and why do you market there? Who is your buyer and how do you reach them?
- Different sales and marketing models…result in different costs and…different levels of profitability.…They also drive your revenues differently.…You may have one sales model,…which is high volume through distributors…and another may be low volume…but their big consultative sales.…What's you sales model?…Do you sell directly to buyers,…or do you sell to distributors…who then sell to end buyers?…What kind of selling do you do?…Is it consultative,…where you're sitting down with the customer,…understanding their business needs…and helping them understand how your product…or service meets those needs?…Or is it bid based,…where the customers asking a bunch of suppliers…for the same item and you have to put in a bid?…Are you filling out requests for proposal,…where the customer is laying out…some complex requirements to you…and other possible suppliers…and you have to submit a written RFP.…
Different sales models are driven many times…by the way your customer buys.…So where are you marketing to your customer?…Why do you market to them where you do it?…
- What business are you in?
- What's your market and who is your competition?
- What problem does your business solve?
- How are your products and services created? What are your pricing and growth strategies?
- How do you measure performance?
With the answers in hand, you can be assured your have the knowledge to make the best decisions for your business.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.