Join Brenda Bailey-Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Communication is vital, part of Organization Communication.
- Think of organizational communication as all…of the interactions necessary to get a group…to accomplish a desired result.…When communication is effective…everyone is on the same page.…People buy into the vision.…The right people have the right information…to make the right decisions.…It's awesome!…But when communications fails,…phew, well that can get ugly.…Even if your company has great products and services…and talented employees with a strong work ethic,…week organizational communication can undermine all of that.…
Many researchers argue that communication failure…is at least partially responsible…for all organizational flops.…That's a bold claim right?…But think of the last organizational failure…that happened in your company.…If you trace back the various reasons…for failure of an initiative I bet you'll find some…communication mishaps were part of the problem.…And communication related failures can be costly.…
When a dispatcher sent an entire fleet of trucks…to Portland, Oregon, instead of Portland, Maine,…
- Who is the receiver of the message?
- Who would be the best sender?
- What is the focus of the message?
- How will it be interpreted?
- Is feedback necessary?
- What is the best channel?
- What is the context for the message?
Along the way, Brenda shows how these key questions apply to four real-world scenarios at organizations of different sizes, locations, and functions. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills you need to improve the internal and external communication strategies at your company.
Skill Level Advanced
1. The Purpose
2. The People
3. The Message
4. The Channel
5. The Context
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.