Join Brenda Bailey-Hughes for an in-depth discussion in this video Channel: Meetings, part of Organization Communication.
- Meetings are a channel that we rely on heavily…in the workplace.…More so than we might realize.…An Australian-based software company estimates…that most employees attend 62 meetings per month.…Half of the time spent in those meetings is unproductive.…Leading to their frightful conclusion that you and I…are each likely to waste 31 hours this month in meetings.…Look at your calendar last month.…Are you coming in pretty close…to that estimated 62 meetings?…I was.…
Given that we spend so much time in meetings,…I want to share two tips that will instantly improve…the effectiveness of your meetings.…Neither one will cost you a dime,…and both are quick, easy changes to make.…First, make a minor adjustment to your agenda…to improve the efficiency of your meetings.…Most agendas look something like this: strategy realignment,…quarterly sales, regional marketing plans.…
I suggest that you add an objective to each agenda item,…like this: determine next steps for strategy realignment,…report quarterly sales, brainstorm regional marketing plans.…
- Who is the receiver of the message?
- Who would be the best sender?
- What is the focus of the message?
- How will it be interpreted?
- Is feedback necessary?
- What is the best channel?
- What is the context for the message?
Along the way, Brenda shows how these key questions apply to four real-world scenarios at organizations of different sizes, locations, and functions. By the end of the course, you'll have the skills you need to improve the internal and external communication strategies at your company.