- Determine the approach to motivate others through a change.
- Distinguish the steps and benefits of change management phases.
- Explain how training is addressed as part of the change implementation and support phase.
- Interpret the components for communicating a change initiative.
- Recognize the skill set needed for a change champion.
- Identify the type of results that can be revealed when evaluating a change.
Skill Level Beginner
- How you manage change can make or break a project and in some cases, the survival or your business depends on it. Hi, I'm Bob McGannon, and welcome to Change Management Fundamentals. This course explores the approaches, techniques, and pitfalls that change managers face as they drive organizational change. More and more, senior managers find their project's deliverables aren't being appropriately incorporated into business practices. Change management addresses this issue and helps managers and employees deal with the stress of changing environments and responsibilities.
We'll start this course by examining how to scale and deploy change management techniques to different levels of an organization, ranging from a project, business area, or an entire corporation. Next, I'll describe the stages of managing change within a project or as part of a separate change initiative. We'll then explore the various components of change, including business process management, transferring knowledge, and providing appropriate training and support.
Finally, we'll discuss the different stages of change for individuals. As you know, the acceptance and adoption of change is different for every person. Understanding how to have a positive influence on team members and key stakeholders will help you relate to them on a one-to-one basis and lead to successful change initiatives. In an increasingly volatile business world, it's vital to have the right tools and techniques to maximize your ability to change and enhance your career.
I'll introduce you to these tools and techniques in Change Management Fundamentals.