In this project management tutorial Angela shares a challenge with students to identify what went wrong in the previous interview vignette.
- In this challenge, you'll need to identify…what went wrong in the interview.…We're using the scenario from the last challenge…with the audit operations team automation…and taking the interviews a step further.…I'm playing the role of the requirements analyst…in this scenario, and I'm meeting with…the operations manager to understand what…the pain points are and the goals…of the automation efforts.…Here is the scenario:…the requirements analyst has been asked to work…on a new project for the audit operations team.…
This team would like to automate some of their work…and needs your help in identifying…what should be automated…and what some possible solutions are.…Let's join the conversation.…- So, what teams and areas…are dependent on your team?…- There are many teams that are depending on our work.…It depends on what exceptions occur in the audit…and what teams have the skills…and the resources to handle it.…- Okay, alright, so those exceptions,…they kind of sound complex.…- Mhm.…- What would you like the project to do to help with that?…
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Identify why choosing to use interviewing is a top choice for elicitation in business analysis.
- Recognize the purpose of the interview process.
- Explore the steps to planning questions prior to an interview.
- Examine an example of a successful interview.
- Discover the essentials to laying out expectations.
- Identify the fundamentals of asking probing questions.
- Recognize the ideal ways to end an interview.
- Break down how to analyze and review notes before following up on an elicitation interview.
Skill Level Beginner
Business Analysis Foundations: Fundamentals (2014)with Haydn Thomas2h 13m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Requirementswith Terri Wagner1h 35m Intermediate
Project Management Foundations: Stakeholderswith Terri Wagner1h 1m Intermediate
1. Introduction to Interviews
2. Preparing for an Interview
3. Conducting the Interview
4. Following Up on the Interview
Next steps1m 36s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.