- What business are you in?
- What's your market and who is your competition?
- What problem does your business solve?
- How are your products and services created? What are your pricing and growth strategies?
- How do you measure performance?
With the answers in hand, you can be assured your have the knowledge to make the best decisions for your business.
Lynda.com is a PMI Registered Education Provider. This course qualifies for professional development units (PDUs). To view the activity and PDU details for this course, click here.
The PMI Registered Education Provider logo is a registered mark of the Project Management Institute, Inc.
- Define and explain business acumen.
- Describe different types of growth horizons.
- Identify critical elements of knowing your business.
- Explain the effects of price changes on profits.
- List common growth methods.
- Evaluate your initiative pipeline.
- Define common business terms.
- Assess trends and your competitive environment.
Skill Level Beginner
- Do you ever feel like you don't fully understand what's going on in your business? Are you unclear about how your business makes money? And what drives performance? Do you hear people use terms and you don't know what they mean? This is what business acumen is all about. I'm Mike Figliuolo, Managing Director of thoughtLeaders, LLC. I've studied and taught business concepts for decades, across all different industries and functions. In this course, I'll share tools and approaches for better understanding your business and building business acumen.
I'll explain common business terminology, major business functions, like marketing, sales, and research and development. And explain how all of those drive business and financial results. Let's get started.