Join Evgenii "Geno" Prussakov for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding payment models, part of Affiliate Marketing Foundations.
…We will now look at affiliate compensation models.…Or for which consumer actions can affiliates get remunerated?…The number one model to consider is the cost per sale.…Where affiliates get paid a percentage of the sale that they refer.…This model may also be abbreviated as PPS or pay per sale.…This is the most widely payment model.…Nearly 80% of affiliate programs use it nowadays.…For our example, let's jump to NBA Store's affiliate program sign up page.…
As you can see here, affiliates are being paid…10% commission on thousands of top-quality brand-name NBA gear.…The next model to consider is cost per lead or…pay per lead, where affiliates receive compensation for referred leads.…Which may be in the form of subscriptions or forms submitted or free trials.…Let's turn to Allstate's affiliate program for an…example of the PPL or a CPL affiliate program.…
As you can see from this screen, Allstate pays from $6 to $10 per…lead depending on the volume of monthly leads that you are going to send to them.…The next model to look at is cost per click.…
AuthorEvgenii "Geno" Prussakov
- Define an affiliate in terms of online marketing.
- Identify the most widely-used affiliate payment model.
- Describe ten types of affiliates.
- Recall the two types of affiliate platforms.
- Explain three considerations to take into account before building an affiliate website.
- Recognize three kinds of leaks.
- Define monetization.
- Summarize the characteristics of pay-per-call marketing.
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Understanding Fundamental Affiliate Marketing Principles
2. Preparing for Affiliate Marketing
3. Rolling Out Your Affiliate Efforts
4. Day-to-Day Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.