Join Evgenii "Geno" Prussakov for an in-depth discussion in this video Affiliate disclosures, part of Affiliate Marketing Foundations.
…For any affiliate, the single most important compliance-related topic…to be aware of, beyond the obvious need for you…to obey individual affiliate programs policies, it's the need to…comply with the Federal Trade Commission's requirements for affiliate disclosures.…What are affiliate disclosures and why are they important?…On December 1st of 2009, the Federal Trade Commission enacted their…guides concerning the use of endorsements and testimonials and advertising.…
You may find the full document at ftc.gov, but…in a nutshell, it explains that the FTC views merchant-affiliate…relationship in a sponsor-endorser light, where the latter, or the…affiliate, must disclose their relationship…with the former, the merchant.…The FTC made it clear that affiliates are not expected…to include the disclosure on every page of their website.…In fact, in an October of 2009 interview with Fast Company, the assistant…director for FTC's Division of Advertising…Practices stated, whether you make it outside…of the text, but in proximity to blog, or incorporate it into the blog…
AuthorEvgenii "Geno" Prussakov
- Define an affiliate in terms of online marketing.
- Identify the most widely-used affiliate payment model.
- Describe ten types of affiliates.
- Recall the two types of affiliate platforms.
- Explain three considerations to take into account before building an affiliate website.
- Recognize three kinds of leaks.
- Define monetization.
- Summarize the characteristics of pay-per-call marketing.
Skill Level Appropriate for all
1. Understanding Fundamental Affiliate Marketing Principles
2. Preparing for Affiliate Marketing
3. Rolling Out Your Affiliate Efforts
4. Day-to-Day Work
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.