Join Justin Seeley for an in-depth discussion in this video What is Adobe Color CC?, part of Adobe Color Essential Training.
- View Offline
- [Voiceover] Before we get started using Adobe Color CC, I think it's important for you to understand exactly what the service is. So what exactly is Color CC? Well, it's not a new product, I can tell you that. Adobe Color CC has actually been around for quite a while now. It used to be called Adobe Kuler, K-U-L-E-R. But recently Adobe went through and rebranded the service and incorporated it into some new applications, and it's really taking on a life of its own as a tool that designers really, really like. So, the first component of Adobe Color CC is, of course, the desktop website experience.
This is where you can come in and you can create your own color themes based on this gigantic color wheel here. You can set a base color and then use these Color Rules over on the left to control what other colors are generated. You can also specify your own colors or upload an image directly into the system so that you can pick colors from that. In addition to this do-it-yourself color theme creation process, you also have the ability to search Adobe Color CC. That's right, Color CC is actually sort of like a social network for color enthusiasts.
That means you can come on here and you can see all of the color themes that other people are creating. You can save those to your CC libraries, you can appreciate them with a thumbs-up, and you can also edit those color themes to make them suit your needs. Finally, the last component of Adobe Color CC is the Adobe Capture CC application. Adobe Color used to be available as its own stand-alone application in the App Store. But recently, Adobe took Adobe Color and several other applications and welded them together into one single app called Capture CC.
So now you have the ability to do several things in one centralized location. You can go to adobe.com/products/capture.html and you can see all of the information about this application. It is available for both iOS and Android, so that means it is a cross-plaform application. You have the ability to do some really cool things with this, and as you'll see later on in the course, it can be a real time saver. So, what is Adobe Color CC? Well, it's a product that allows you to create color themes no matter where you are, no matter what you're doing, and no matter what type of subject matter you have.
Join Justin Seeley as he explores the essential features of Adobe Color. He shows how to create themes using the online color wheel, edit themes with color rules, participate in the Adobe Color community, and use your themes in Illustrator and Photoshop. He also shows how to turn photos into color themes with the Adobe Capture mobile app.
- Creating a basic theme in Adobe Color
- Exploring color rules
- Editing color themes
- Removing themes from a library
- Creating a theme from an existing image or with your camera
- Using Adobe Color in Illustrator and Photoshop