Color Correction in Final Cut Pro X
In this course, author Robbie Carman details the principles of color grading in Final Cut Pro X, while explaining how to enhance and stylize footage. The course spells out the differences between primary and secondary corrections and demonstrates fixing problematic footage with contrast corrections and neutralizing color casts. The course also discusses secondary corrections with shape and color masks and explains how to make projects broadcast safe. Additional topics include evaluating clips using the video scopes, and how to create stylized looks.
- Understanding the video scopes
- Using Balance Color and Match Color
- Fixing under- and overexposed clips
- Expanding contrast
- Controlling saturation
- Using color and shape masks
- Creating looks with primary and secondary corrections
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Robbie Carman and welcome to Color Correction with Final Cut Pro X. In this course, we'll explore the Color Correction tools that are available to you in Final Cut Pro X, including some new tools like Shape Mask, Automatic Color Balance, and Color Matching, that weren't available in previous versions of the application. We'll also take a look at how to make primary corrections, that is, corrections that affect the entire clip, while at the same time using the video scopes in Final Cut Pro X to help us make informed corrections. We'll also talk about secondary corrections, that is, corrections that target a specific portion of a clip.
We'll also discuss creating looks with primary and secondary corrections, and along the way, we'll talk about the issue of Broadcast Safe. Without further delay, let's jump right into Color Correction with Final Cut Pro X.
Commercial Editing Techniques with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.992,982 Views
Documentary Editing with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.9129,527 Views
Compressor 4 Essential Training107,969 Views
Narrative Scene Editing with Final Cut Pro X v10.0.978,353 Views
Compressor 4.1 Essential Training79,319 Views
Final Cut Pro X 10.1.x Essential Training1,036,680 Views
Final Cut Pro X 10.2 Essential Training778,549 Views
DaVinci Resolve 11 Essential Training642,778 Views
After Effects CC Essential Training2,626,905 Views