- View Offline
- Round-tripping with Final Cut Pro and Color
- Ingesting RED footage for color grading
- Understanding the Color interface and navigating Color's Finder dialogs
- Performing primary corrections in the Primary In room
- Applying secondary corrections using HSL keys, vignettes, and curves
- Using the Color FX room
- Keyframing corrections in a clip
- Preparing for rendering and output from Color back to Final Cut Pro
Skill Level Beginner
(tinkling piano music) - Hi, I'm Robbie Carman, and welcome to Apple Color 1.5 Essential Training. Color is a powerful desktop color correction and grading tool. This makes it a valuable tool for high-end color grading. In this title, we'll explore almost every facet of working with Color. We'll explore work flow topics like round-tripping with Final Cut Pro, and prepping a sequence for Color. We'll look at how each one of the rooms in Color works, and how they all tie together, to make primary, secondary, color effects, and geometry corrections.
We'll learn how to render your grades, and send them back to Final Cut Pro. Or even create files suitable for film outputs. And along the way, we'll go over best practices for grading footage, as well as learning a little color theory. Whether you're new to Color, or have dabbled in the application. If you want to learn to correct and grade your footage, then this title is for you. As a working colorist, author, and trainer. I'm glad to have this chance to show you how Color works, and share with you my hard won insights into using the application. So, let's jump into Color 1.5 Essential Training.