We cannot forget that users will interact with our application through forms. Let's see how CodeIgniter makes this as easy as eating a cookie.
- [Voiceover] CodeIgniter handles forms…in a very simple way.…Let's see how we can interact with HTML forms.…Let's load up our code in desktop, exercise files,…chapter two, 02_03_start,…and let's start our server with the environment variables.…So, cd, desktop, exercise files, chapter two, 02_03_start,…and env with the environment variables, and the PHP server.…Now let's open up the browser, and it's working correctly.…
So, let's go ahead and edit the form…that we will be using to edit the record.…Let's go to the form in the view, in application,…views, properties, edit.…Over here we have a form that we will be using…to send the data to update the record.…The first thing we need to know…is what method we will be using.…We'll be using the POST method.…Method, post, which is invisible to the user,…but the values are there.…If we used the method GET,…we would see the values on the browser.…
Now we need to name each field…as its corresponding column on the table.…Let's do this by adding a name.…This will be called name…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.