Join Bernard Pineda for an in-depth discussion in this video Update forms, part of Learning CodeIgniter 3.
- [Instructor] I'm staying on the…o two o three start folder.…We're now going to work on the Properties Controller.…I opened up Application Controllers, properties dot php.…Let's show the details on the form.…Let's open the edit method.…Let's add instead of properties, let's add property.…Instead of getting all,…let's use the method get and ID.…Now let's open up the view again.…Let's add the initial values of the form.…With php,…open and close text,…and echo…property.…
In this case, it's gonna be name.…Let's do the same,…so let's just copy that part with command c,…or control c on Windows,…and let's paste it inside the text area labels.…Let's change this to description.…Now let's go to the web browser.…Let's refresh.…Now we have our form…working with…the initial data from the database.…So now let's handle the form.…Let's go to the controller.…We open the controller, the edit method.…Now we're going to add our update functionality.…
So, we're gonna do an if.…We're going to check if…the browser is sending any data with underscore post.…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.