Up and Running with PHP CodeIgniter
Speed up your development with CodeIgniter, a fast and powerful PHP web application framework. Author Jon Peck shows how to build a magazine cataloging system while describing how to use a MVC (Model-View-Controller) framework like CodeIgniter.
Starting with the what and why of CodeIgniter, Jon introduces key concepts such as the MVC pattern and libraries by demonstrating how to create static pages, then storing and displaying magazine info in a database. Advanced topics like classes and helpers are explored to validate user input, upload files, and much more. By creating a complete system, you'll have the foundation to build your own applications with CodeIgniter.
- What is CodeIgniter?
- Creating a static page controller
- Generating output with a view
- What is a model?
- Saving data with Active Records
- Creating forms
- Validating user input
- Listing records in tables
- Uploading images
- Viewing and deleting records
- [Voiceover] Hi, I'm Jon Peck. And welcome to Up and Running with CodeIgniter. In this course, we'll look a CodeIgniter, the open source PHP web application framework. I'll start by describing what CodeIgniter is and why it's useful. Then demonstrate how to install the framework. I'll model records in the database, add functionality using libraries, and finally show how to save time using helpers. Throughout the course, we'll create a magazine catalog web application for keeping track of a collection of back issues.
We'll be covering all of these features plus plenty of other tools and techniques that a modern developer can use to quickly build PHP applications without having to constantly reinvent the wheel. Now, let's get up and running with CodeIgniter.
Up and Running with CakePHP96,816 Views
Up and Running with Laravel129,578 Views
Up and Running with PHP: PEAR, PECL, and Composer42,306 Views
Accessing Databases with Object-Oriented PHP146,153 Views
Uploading Files Securely with PHP80,334 Views
PHP with MySQL Essential Training4,283,533 Views
Illustrator CC 2013 One-on-One: Fundamentals1,678,359 Views
PHP with MySQL Beyond the Basics2,284,490 Views
iOS 8 App Development with Swift 1 Essential Training1,024,214 Views