- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
- [Instructor] Hi, I'm Bernard Pineda. Welcome to learning CodeIgniter 3: The Basics. In this course, I'm going to talk about what CodeIgniter is, its Model View Controller Implementation, and what it means to use the framework. We'll get started by setting up our local environment and dive into the basics of CodeIgniter's configuration. We'll learn how to save time by using the Auto-loader, Helpers and Libraries. We'll be building a database-connected real estate application to see how to use these tools in a real live scenario.
Lastly, I'll provide you with a functioning CodeIgniter-based Web application that you can explore on your own. CodeIgniter is the first framework I started programming in, and I'm excited to show you the basics of this powerful open-source tool. Let's jump right in and start programming with CodeIgniter.