Let's say we have a finished our MVP and the company has hired an additional developer to help with a new feature. Before he can help, he needs a working environment on his machine. Let's install our final application and show it off to the new developer.
- [Narrator] We don't have enough time to build…a whole real estate application on this course.…But here is a completed application…that I've built based on our current project.…Let's go ahead and get it installed.…So the first thing we need to do is create a new database…because we don't wanna mess up…with the data we've been working on.…So let's do that with mysql -u root -p.…Password's root.…And let's create a new database with…create database demo_app.…
Now let's exit.…And now let's populate this database…with the structure that comes with this application.…Let's go to Desktop/ExerciseFiles/Ch03/03_02_start/…and let's import our database with…mysql -u root -p…and we're going to add -D demo_app…and setup_demo and demo_app.sql.…Type the password.…And we have a new database with a new structure.…So now let's install our application's dependencies with…composer install.…
And now let's start the server,…but remember that instead of using the usual database name,…we'll be using the one we just created.…So let's start our server with…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.