One of the most requested features on applications is file uploading. While the action itself is not complex in plain PHP, let's see how CodeIgniter's features that can save us some time coding a simple file upload.
- [Narrator] One of he most common tasks we as…web developers are going to do, is file uploads.…While PHP does handle file uploads quite well,…CodeIgniter could not make it any simpler.…Let's modify one of our previous examples…so we can change the image of a property.…So let's load our code.…File, open, desktop,…exercise files, chapter two,…02_07_start, and let's start up our server…with cd desktop exercise files chapter two…02_07_start, and let's start it with our…environment variables.…
We can verify everything's working fine…by refreshing the browser.…Upload forms are slightly different from regular forms.…Fortunately for us, we don't have to remember…which difference they have.…CodeIgniter has a helper for that.…So let's load the helper.…Let's open up our controller.…Controller's properties.…Let's go to our edit method.…Let's load our helper there with this,…load_helper_form.…This is the perfect example of loading a helper manually.…
We don't need this helper everywhere, just on this form.…Let's change the form on the edit method.…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.