Let's get our keyboards dirty, download the framework, start our server, and run our first application with a copy of CodeIgniter's (currently) latest version, CodeIgniter 3.
- [Instructor] There are a few ways…to get your copy of CodeIgniter.…While Laravel and other frameworks may have installers,…the easiest way to get CodeIgniter…is to download the Zip file from codeigniter.com.…You really don't have to modify or configure anything else.…Just unzip and start developing.…So let's go ahead and download CodeIgniter…by clicking on the Download link.…Let's go to our Downloads folder, unzip it,…and copy it to our Desktop.…Now let's rename it.…
You can rename it to anything you want.…I'll just rename it to codeigniter.…We'll be using PHP's internal server.…So let's go ahead and open up the terminal with iTerm.…And let's navigate to our CodeIgniter folder, codeigniter.…And now let's start our server with php - S,…it has to be capital.…This will start PHP's internal server.…But we also must tell it where it must be served.…In this case we'll be serving on localhost on port 8080,…because on some systems port 80 is already in use.…
So if we open up our browser, and go to localhost:8080,…we should get the CodeIgniter Welcome Page.…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.