One of the most tedious tasks in web development is data validation. You can have a CRUD of a table in a matter of hours, but validating user input can be a pain. Let's see how CodeIgniter helps us for the most part with these validations.
- [Instructor] A form is not finished…until it validates its data.…We, as developers, have the responsibility…of never trusting the end user.…End users will always want to skip fields.…That's why we need rules and we need…these rules to be enforced.…CodeIgniter gives us a simple way of…validating and displaying errors…when these rules aren't met.…Let's validate our edit form.…Let's open up our code, open, desktop, ExerciseFiles,…Chapter two, 02_08_start, let's start up our server.…
Cd Desktop/ExerciseFiles/Ch02/02_08_start/…and let's start our server with our environment variables.…Let's open up our browser and let's refresh…our browser to make sure everything is working fine.…So the first thing we need to do is to load…the form validation helper.…Let's do it on the edit method of our controller.…So let's open up our controller,…application, controllers, properties,…and let's go to our edit method and let's load…our library with $this->load->library('form_validation').…
Now that we've added the library, let's assign some rules.…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.