CodeIgniter helps you load and handle database data. Let's see how to load a table's data, filter it, and modify it with CodeIgniter's ActiveRecord implementation.
- [Instructor] Thanks to Codelgniter's database class,…we can perform actions or queries…on tables inside the database.…That's to say that we can create, modify, select,…filter or delete records from the database.…Let's do a select statement…through Codelgniter's database class.…Let's load our code open, desktop, exercise files,…chapter 2, 02 02 start.…And let's start up our webserver up with cd desktop,…exercise files, chapter 2, 0202 start,…and let's start the server up with emv…the environment variables to connect to the database…and the server with PHP minus s, local host 8080.…
Now let's go to the browser and refresh.…These three properties are hard coded within our html.…Let's change that so our application…can connect to the database…and show the records from the database.…So the first thing we need to do is open up our model…and create the method to get those properties.…So let's open up our property model…and create a new method called all with public function all,…and let's use Codelgniter's database class…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.