Out of the box, CodeIgniter loads controller methods. Let's see how this works and how it may save us some time.
- [Instructor] CodeIgniter has a very unique way…of automatically binding a controller method pair to a URL.…So, right away we can test our code…and we don't have to manually define a route…for every single method.…CodeIgniter with HD access does that for us.…However, if you wish to have a custom URL…for your controller methods,…you can do so on the routes.php file.…For now, we'll stick to what CodeIgniter does for us…automatically and worry about custom URLs later.…
So, let's open up our 01 03 exercise files, desktop,…exercise files, chapter one, 01 03, start, open,…and now let's start our server with the 01 03 files.…So, let's open up a terminal and cd desktop,…cd exercise files, chapter one, 01_03, start.…Let's start our server with php -S, local host, 8080.…
Let's open up the browser.…Let's point it to local host 8080,…index.php, properties, index.…As you can see we have a controller and a method.…This is a controller and this is a method.…Let's create a method called Show,…which is gonna eventually connect to a database…
- Loading views and data from containers
- Routing with controllers
- Creating models
- Configuring the data
- Working with data, forms, sessions, and headers
- Logging and error logging
- Extending CodeIgniter to consume dependencies
Skill Level Beginner
PHP: Managing Persistent Sessionswith David Powers2h 41m Intermediate
PHP: Clean URLs on Apache Serverwith David Powers1h 36m Intermediate
1. Get Started with CodeIgniter
2. Work with Data, Logs, Forms, and Headers
3. Take CodeIgniter Further
CodeIgniter and Composer3m 13s
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
This will not affect your course history, your reports, or your certificates of completion for this course.Cancel
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.
Notes are saved with you account but can also be exported as plain text, MS Word, PDF, Google Doc, or Evernote.