Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Working with service accounts, part of Google Cloud Compute Engine Essential Training.
- Service accounts are used by Compute Engine…and other Google Cloud services…to communicate with one another securely.…The first step in that process…is to make sure that you have a service account…for your VM instance…and if you don't, create one,…and that's what this lesson's about.…So, I'm gonna head back to our command line…to check to see if the instance that we created earlier…has a related service account or not.…Because it may have been a while since…you've worked with a Google Cloud command line,…it's always a good first step to make sure…you're still authenticated.…
So, I'll just go ahead and execute a…gcloud auth login command…to make sure I'm square.…Let me go ahead and choose my username,…and here's the authentication screen.…I'll go ahead and accept that.…Okay, we're authenticated for sure.…Now, let's see if that service account's available.…Again, there's a way to get to that information…through the GCloud command line.…So, back to terminal.…Now, when I go back to terminal…you'll notice that I'm still logged in…
- Integrating with Google Cloud products
- Setting up the Google Cloud SDK
- Creating a Compute Engine instance
- Authenticating users
- Working with Python and Compute Engine
- Managing resources
- Implementing network load balancing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google Cloud Compute Engine
Getting underway6m 17s
2. Exploring Compute Engine
3. Integrating User Authentication
5. Working with Python and Compute Engine
6. Managing Resources with Compute Engine
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.