Learn how to use Google Cloud to develop and host apps and websites, analyze data, and create and manage cloud-based databases.
- View Offline
- Hi I'm Joe Lowery, and I'd like to welcome you to Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform. What would you say if one of the world's largest, most respected, best-known internet companies invited you to come play with their toys? I bet the answer would be an enthusiastic "yes!" In this course we'll explore all that Google Cloud Platform has to offer for everyone from a self-employed Web Developer to enterprise-level organizations. We'll begin with the core services of the Google Cloud Platform, their overall infrastructure, and how to get started.
Then we'll delve into the various interconnected components to show how to host your web and mobile apps, analyze massive data sets, and store your assets in Google's global network for fast, efficient access. We'll also cover working with the Google Compute Engine to speed up new virtual machines as needed, and manage your data via Google Cloud SQL. There is a ton of services and options to explore so let's get going with Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform.
Learn the basics of hosting a mobile app with App Engine and see how to analyze massive datasets in seconds with BigQuery. Then explore the benefits of Cloud Storage, including unlimited file storage and fast data retrieval, and learn how to establish a cloud-based private network with Compute Engine. Finally, the course explores how to set up and manage cloud-based databases with Cloud Datastore and Cloud SQL.
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore
- Filtering data with Cloud SQL