Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Understanding the Google App Engine, part of Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform.
- View Offline
- Have you ever had a website that posted…an article, video, or application…that became wildly popular?…Suddenly you're getting frantic emails…from your web host about CPU and bandwidth overages.…Or, they just shut it down completely…and you're frantically trying to contact them…to get it online again?…Admittedly, this is a great problem to have,…but it's still a problem.…Google Cloud App Engine is designed to be the solution.…With App Engine, you can put your web…and mobile applications online using the same…infrastructure used for Google's own apps.…
Once deployed, App Engine manages the server side.…New instance are generated, databases are shared,…bandwidth is increased, all as needed.…And because you don't have to worry…about the code, suddenly your app becomes…automatically scalable, available…to an unlimited number of users.…and working with an unlimited number…or size of assets.…Google infrastructure also brings App Engine…terrific performance, robust security,…and a high degree of reliability.…
So that's what App Engine does,…
Learn the basics of hosting a mobile app with App Engine and see how to analyze massive datasets in seconds with BigQuery. Then explore the benefits of Cloud Storage, including unlimited file storage and fast data retrieval, and learn how to establish a cloud-based private network with Compute Engine. Finally, the course explores how to set up and manage cloud-based databases with Cloud Datastore and Cloud SQL.
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore
- Filtering data with Cloud SQL