Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Setting up the Google Cloud SDK on a PC, part of Google Cloud Compute Engine Essential Training.
- As noted in the previous chapter,…access to Compute Engine is handled through…a variety of methods.…One of the most flexible and powerful…is the command line tools interface.…And to use that…you need to install the Google Cloud SDK.…In this lesson, I'll show you…how to do just that on the PC.…Compute Engine doesn't currently have…a separate SDK.…The Google Cloud SDK covers Compute Engine,…as well as all of its Cloud siblings:…App Engine, Cloud Storage, BigQuery,…Cloud SQL and a relatively new addition,…Cloud DNS.…
To get the SDK, go to cloud.google.com/sdk…The only requirement for running…Google Cloud SDK is Python 2.7 or higher.…Don't worry if you don't have it…or don't know whether you do or not.…The Windows installer handles either scenario.…So, I'll scroll down to Installation and Quick Start.…And in the Windows tab click the big blue…Download the Google Cloud SDK installer for Windows.…It's a pretty quick action.…
Let me go ahead and collapse this window…and I'll open my Downloads folder…and there it is.…Let's bring up that installer.…
- Integrating with Google Cloud products
- Setting up the Google Cloud SDK
- Creating a Compute Engine instance
- Authenticating users
- Working with Python and Compute Engine
- Managing resources
- Implementing network load balancing
Skill Level Intermediate
1. Introduction to Google Cloud Compute Engine
Getting underway6m 17s
2. Exploring Compute Engine
3. Integrating User Authentication
5. Working with Python and Compute Engine
6. Managing Resources with Compute Engine
- Mark as unwatched
- Mark all as unwatched
Are you sure you want to mark all the videos in this course as unwatched?
Take notes with your new membership!
Type in the entry box, then click Enter to save your note.
1:30Press on any video thumbnail to jump immediately to the timecode shown.