Join Joseph Lowery for an in-depth discussion in this video Importing and exporting data, part of Up and Running with Google Cloud Platform (2013).
Cloud SQL works with your existing MySQL data by importing it directly.…Likewise, you can export the existing Cloud SQL database content to a compatible…format, which can easily be imported into your local databases.…The key is Google Cloud Storage. All import and export operations for Cloud…SQL go through Cloud Storage. As you may recall from chapter four, Cloud…Storage allows you to upload files of any size, and that includes SQL files with all…the database structure and content necessary to restore the database.…
Let's go to Cloud Storage from our Google Cloud Console page to bring in a file to import.…Now, I could use my existing bucket, lynda gcp assets 001.…You'll recall that buckets are containers for my uploaded objects, but let's create…one just for the data. So, I'll click New Bucket, and then give…it a unique name. I'm going to call this data underscore…roux, because we're pulling in data from Roux Academy, underscore 001.…
I'll click Create, and there's our bucket. Now, with that selected, let's Upload the file.…
- Why Google Cloud Platform?
- Deploying an app with Google App Engine
- Activating and working with Google Cloud Storage
- Loading, querying, and exporting data with BigQuery
- Working with Cloud Storage buckets
- Managing cloud-based private networks
- Importing and exporting data
- Scheduling backups
- Working with Google Datastore